Wednesday, February 23, 2011

All I've Ever Wanted To Be

He was there right by my side
He held my hand, was full of pride
He looked at me, his first born son
And that is how my life begun

From birth on he was always there
Looked out for me, made sure he cared
He showed me things I'd never seen
And took me places I'd never been

I'll never forget the adventures we had
And all the interesting things we'd said
Our days were filled with laughter and fun
And lots of picnics under the sun

In summer we went to beaches in spain
Times spent there sure were anything but lame
And skiing in the mountains in winter for days
Was something that made us go out of our ways

And still after all those many years
After bad choices and lots of fears
Time passed by and I became a man
But he was still there to tell me that I can

He is there through thick and thin
And I can always count on him
No matter what, he's there for me
He's all I've ever wanted to be

Thank you Dad, for all that you've done
Believe me, I'm proud to be your son
I've never told you, but it's true
I know you love me, I love you too Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment