Tuesday, February 9, 2010

A Proud Moment

Four days ago, my wife handed me her pack of cigarettes and told me to put it in the refrigerator. I looked at her, not understanding anything, so she told me that cigarettes stay fresher in the refrigerator and that she's less likely to grab for a cigarette when they're not next to her. I know that it takes a lot to quit smoking, that it's hard but definitely possible if you really want it. She told me before that she's not ready to quit, and I answered her that there's no point in trying then, because you can only do it when your mind is set to it.

I knew the moment she handed me those cigarettes that she was serious. Serious with quitting smoking, or at least cutting it down for right now. There's been times she smoked a lot, hell that includes me too, times when we smoked about one and a half packs a day each and sometimes even more. 30+ cigarettes a day was the usual and the day she started to cut down she only had 11 cigarettes. 11!! Ain't that great? When I look at her I can see that it's not easy for her, but after 6 months of quitting I am ready to support her. I feel strong enough to help her reach her goal. She's doing a great job and I can't even express how proud I am.

She's doing it all on her own, and she's even cut down on the coffee. Instead of 12+ cups a day she's having 2 cups. Cigarettes and coffee definitely is her biggest addiction - besides me that is =] ! No seriously, that was what her breakfasts used to involve - cigarettes and coffee. Cutting down on two addictions is a really big step.

So baby, if you read this, I just want to let you know how very proud I am of you! You're holding up so great and I am here whenever you need some help. Let me be your rock you can lean on whenever you need a break or whenever you doubt yourself. Let me be your punching bag whenever you feel down. I am here for you and I know you can succeed. I know what you're fighting for and I could not be happier.

I love you and always will - Forever & Ever, Babe!!
Pin It

1 comments:

Babygirl said...

Well to be honest it hasn't been that easy, but I know that you are here supporting me, helping me through and for that I can be no more thankful. You are my rock. I want a cigarette because after I smoke one I don't feel it is enough so I want another one. It's hard but I know you believe that I can do it, so I believe that I can do it too. I love you baby, with every new fresh breath that I have.

Post a Comment